Antonio Castro Blanco
Bob Castro just sent me this awesome picture of Antonio Castro Blanco (Grandpa Castro), perhaps when he was in the army. (My son says his "metally" suit looks very uncomfortable!) Margaret sent me a "pass" that he had that gave him permission to change from one cuartel to another. I've written the Spanish Defense Department Archives to see if they can give me any more information about his military service. From what I could understand on the "pass", he might have had to spend six years in the service. The pass is dated 14 May 1901, it says Antonio was 20 at the time, that he was born in Estepa (in the province of Sevilla), that his parents names were Tomas and Remedios, and that he enlisted in 1897 (when he was 16 or 17??). I can't wait to hear what else they tell me. I'll keep you all posted. (Or if you have any more information or pictures, please let me know. For example, does anyone have any information on when, how, or in what ship the Castros traveled to Hawaii?)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home