How to join the blog
Hi everyone. This thing is amazing. Thank you so much. I have enjoyed your stories so much. And I'm getting greedy... I want more and more and more :)
If you want to join the blog and post new stories, you need an "invitation". To get one, just send me an email with your email address. My email is "lcastro" and then the at sign, and then "cookwood.com". (I write it like that so hopefully those people who harvest emails won't recognize mine. I get too much spam already.)
Once you have an invitation, you can join the "Our Spanish Families Stories" blog (and then it will appear in your Dashboard after you sign in with your username and password.
There is also an email list that goes with the blog. When I get your email, I'll add you to it. It automatically sends out all the blog stories (but not the comments, unfortunately), to all the cousins, aunts, and uncles on the list (around 30 now). There are a couple of things to point out. First, if you respond to a message from the list, it goes back to the whole list (and to all those 30 family members). However, the messages on the list don't go back to the blog (and so are harder to find by newcomers to the blog).
Also note that there are more people on the email list than there are members of the blog, mostly because it's easier. I always add people to the list at the same time as I send the blogger invitation. If you are on the list and want to join the blog, let me know and I'll send you a new invitation.
I am happy to help anyone start a Blogger account, post stories, scan and/or post pictures, anything. Just email me and tell me what you need me to do. You can even write a post on a piece of paper and send it to me in the mail and I'll type it in for you. I take my payment in stories :) And I consider myself extremely well paid!
love much and thank you again,
your cousin, niece, sister, and daughter,
Lizzy
(Johnny Castro's daughter, Rose Vigallon and John Castro's granddaughter)
If you want to join the blog and post new stories, you need an "invitation". To get one, just send me an email with your email address. My email is "lcastro" and then the at sign, and then "cookwood.com". (I write it like that so hopefully those people who harvest emails won't recognize mine. I get too much spam already.)
Once you have an invitation, you can join the "Our Spanish Families Stories" blog (and then it will appear in your Dashboard after you sign in with your username and password.
There is also an email list that goes with the blog. When I get your email, I'll add you to it. It automatically sends out all the blog stories (but not the comments, unfortunately), to all the cousins, aunts, and uncles on the list (around 30 now). There are a couple of things to point out. First, if you respond to a message from the list, it goes back to the whole list (and to all those 30 family members). However, the messages on the list don't go back to the blog (and so are harder to find by newcomers to the blog).
Also note that there are more people on the email list than there are members of the blog, mostly because it's easier. I always add people to the list at the same time as I send the blogger invitation. If you are on the list and want to join the blog, let me know and I'll send you a new invitation.
I am happy to help anyone start a Blogger account, post stories, scan and/or post pictures, anything. Just email me and tell me what you need me to do. You can even write a post on a piece of paper and send it to me in the mail and I'll type it in for you. I take my payment in stories :) And I consider myself extremely well paid!
love much and thank you again,
your cousin, niece, sister, and daughter,
Lizzy
(Johnny Castro's daughter, Rose Vigallon and John Castro's granddaughter)

2 Comments:
I just changed one of the settings on the blog. Now the comments will be sent out via email just like the main posts.
Just remember that when you respond via email, your email goes to all the cousins (almost 40 already!) but doesn't get posted back on the blog's web page. (So if you want them to be together with the main story, it's better to post comments directly on the web page.)
Let me know if you have any questions.
your cousin/niece/daughter/sister :),
Liz
Hi everyone,
This is Connie. I'm the youngest child of John and Dolores Vigallon. My brother is John and sister is Dori.
I"ll see everyone at the reunion!
Post a Comment
<< Home