Friday, August 26, 2005

Writing your own posts

Here's how you write your own posts on the Spanish Family blog:

1. Go to http://www.blogger.com/

2. If you already see the Dashboard, this means you're already signed in. Go to step 4.

3. If you see Blogger's public homepage, that says "Create your own blog", you need to sign in. Type your username and password in the upper right corner of the screen and click the Sign In button.



4. You should now see the Dashboard, with the "Our Spanish Family Stories" blog listed.

5. To create a new post, click the green plus sign next to the "Our Spanish Family Stories" blog.



6. A new window appears with space for your new blog entry. Type in the title.



7. Next, write your story in the bigger box in the middle of the window.



8. When you're ready to publish your story on the blog, click the Publish Post button below the main entry box. It's orange. (If you haven't finished your story and want to work on it some more before posting, click the "Save as Draft" button.)



9. You should see a message that says your blog entry is being published. Your new story will appear on the Web site (http://spanishfamily.blogspot.com/) and will also be mailed to all the people on the list (about 25 cousins currently and growing). If you respond to the blog entry through the list, that response also goes to all the cousins on the list, but it doesn't go on the Web site.

And if you need any help, just let me know. I am more than happy to help. And if it all seems too complicated, just send me your stories in an email and I can post them for you. This goes for folks without computers too... if you know someone who wants to participate but doesn't have a computer, tell them to send me the stories in the mail and I'll put them up for them. (I'm working on the reverse trip too... that is, getting print copies of the Web site out to those people not on the Internet.)

If you have any photos you want to add, I'd be happy to scan them for you and then add them into your story. If you'd rather do it yourself, Blogger does have a new "add picture" feature that makes it a bit easier (though it's still a little complicated). (Click that thing that looks like a photograph above the main message box.)

Thank you all for sharing these stories. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. I am really loving getting to know all of you. My Dad wants me to introduce myself properly... I'll get there soon.

love,
your cousin, niece, sister, and daughter,

Liz

1 Comments:

Blogger Marge K said...

Liz: sounds good on paper! I will try later on down the road. Thanks you are really doing a great job. Marge K

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home